Ypsilanti’s strength is our diversity and our history of resilience and activism.
I commit to furthering that legacy by ensuring that Ypsilanti:
- Celebrates the diversity that makes us special
- Achieves long-term financial vitality
- Encourages opportunities for sustainable and equitable growth
- Builds community partnerships to serve the needs of current and new residents
I will be a responsible and effective City Councilmember by:
- Listening to the concerns and ideas of all my constituents no matter the party affiliation
- Exercising sound judgement in making decisions using transparency and convenient feedback processes
- Collaborating with policymakers on the local, county, and state level to leverage resources and align practices to enact the community’s vision of success
- Communicating and creating opportunities for residents to dialogue with neighbors and business owners about Ypsilanti’s goals
Our values as a community are rooted in social justice and equity. And while we have sometimes fallen short of those values, we can come together to curb the tide of gentrification and ensure that we remain a welcoming community to all people—no matter their economic resources or citizenship status. We can progress and thrive by addressing the needs and concerns of those who are currently underrepresented in our decision-making processes.
As your Ward 3 representative, I will do my part to help us turn this vision into a reality.